Sunday 16 February 2014

IN THE SPOTLIGHT.......Claudia McGloin

RICTAT Logo Web 
12th Feb 2014

Like us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter  Visit our blog
IN THE SPOTLIGHT! 

CLAUDIA McGLOIN
Claudia McGloin Clinic
Location: Sligo, Ireland

Reason for becoming a therapist:
I had always been fascinated by Colonic Hydrotherapy and had never had the chance to have a treatment until I became unwell about 10 years ago. While I was on holiday in the Dominican Republic I picked up a parasite and was ill for several months. I was referred to my local NHS hospital and had to undergo a Sigmoidoscopy - not a pleasant experience!

I also developed Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) as a result of picking up the parasite. I had tried several things including changes to my diet but nothing worked and I continued to suffer. Eventually, I had a Colonic Hydrotherapy treatment and felt the best that I had in months! It was the only treatment that worked for me and I have never looked back. I then decided to train to become a Colonic Hydrotherapist so I could treat others who had suffered like I had. My only regret is that I didn't have Colonic Hydrotherapy treatment before undergoing an invasive procedure! 

Success story: 
I have loads of success stories involving patients who have suffered with IBS, Bloating and Constipation for years and even Skin Conditions such as Rosacea, Psoriasis and Eczema but the most successful story that springs to mind is a couple of patients who have Lyme Disease. (Lyme Disease is an infection caused by a spiral shaped bacterium called borrelia burgdorferi that is transmitted by a bite from a tick carrying the bug. The infection is generally mild, affecting only the skin, but can sometimes be more severe, leading to more serious illness.)

After the first treatment, they felt so much better and by the time they had their course of 3 treatments, they felt amazing! It is such a joy to watch people leave my clinic feeling better after they have suffered for years! I am a huge advocate of Colonics and firmly believe that they can work alongside Medical treatments. As a nurse, I feel my greatest success is convincing fellow medical professionals to think the same way! 

Can you give one tip for a successful business:
One of my best tips has got to be, Be Yourself! If you are true to who you are and work hard, you will get there and have a successful business!
  
What do you do to relax: 
My favourite way to relax is to visit a spa for some pampering! Sometimes a cheeky glass of vino will do the trick but a spa day is definitely the ultimate way to relax!

What you do to have fun:
When I'm not working, I love to spend time with my family and friends. There is always fun to be had!

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time
I would love to be able to teach Colonic Hydrotherapy and have a few more clinics dedicated to Colonic Hydrotherapy and perhaps add in a few more Holistic treatments.




Find out more about the

Follow Claudia McGloin Clinic on 




No comments:

Post a Comment