Tuesday 24 March 2015

Hormones, Hormones, Hormones!!!

The link below is for my new Personal Blog called Hormones, Hormones, Hormones!!!

http://claudiamcgloin.blogspot.ie/

It is all about Hormones, Endometriosis, Adenymosis, Fibroids, Pelvic Congestion Syndrome, Menopause, Hot Flushes, Night Sweats, HRT and all things Gynae & Vascular! Basically all things that we women can, will & do experience in our transition from Peri-Menpoause to Menopause and beyond...Lucky aren't we???

Why this blog??? Well in a nut shell, I have been battling ALL of the above for the past 3 years (that I know of since symptoms started to make themselves known) and I have struggled in the Republic of Ireland to get investigations, diagnosis, treatments to the point that I was refused certain procedures and offered a Total Hysterectomy that I belief I certainly do not need. I will go into further in depth detail on my blog about it all.

The last diagnosis was 2 weeks ago and the final piece of the jigsaw was completed! :) 

I have never spoken about this publicly before now but due to the fact that I am seeing more and more women coming into my clinic suffering and getting nowhere & my passion is Patient Safety, I am divulging my personal experience on the hope that it gives comfort and help to others! 

I aim to be as open and honest as I possibly can and I welcome input from anyone going through the same thing. Ask me whatever you want in relation to this as I am an open book, I say it as it is and I don't just see it as black & white! I do see the grey areas!

I hope this blog will help you and if there is anything that I can help with or discuss I can be contacted via email claudia@claudiamcgloinclinic.com - it will all be completely confidential. I am still a Medical Professional that holds dual Nursing Registration in both Ireland and the UK so, my lips are sealed!

I will also point out that all of these views and opinions are my own based on my personal experience. I have many expert colleagues and medical friends that have given me their expert knowledge & advice to share and help you all. You know who you are - many thanks XX 

I must also say that I will NOT be mentioning the consultants or doctors names that I have previously seen as it is unfair to them to publicly name them and I ask anyone who comments on these blog posts to omit medical professional names. I will remain professional throughout and remove posts and names where appropriate!

That said, I will however be naming the guys that have saved me and brought me back to life! They are my life savers!

I truly hope that you find these posts helpful...Happy reading...X

No comments:

Post a Comment